Diese Webseite verwendet Cookies, um bestimmte Funktionen zu ermöglichen und das Angebot zu verbessern. Indem Sie hier fortfahren, stimmen Sie der Nutzung von Cookies zu. Weiterlesen …
Seminar Mediate your Life
- 7 month
- Certificate of sponsorship
- 3.600 €
- unique program from the USA
- in english
- based on NVC
- long-time experienced trainers
- practice-oriented seminar
Mediation based on NVC-Practices
This seminar will widen your perspectives regarding mediation and conflicts. Nonviolent Communication (NVC) deepens your awareness of feelings and needs. Thanks to that you can find new ways of dealing with conflicts through the lenses of unmet needs and support the understanding and connection between the parties involved. The first step is to approach every conflict – whether internal or external – as an opportunity. When we understand and communicate our needs with clarity, and with deep empathy for the universality of those needs, conflict leads to connection. The illusion of separation from self and others crumbles. Finally, we are at home in the world.
The course is based on Nonviolent Communication by Marshall B. Rosenberg and was created by John Kinyon and Ike Lasater in California. Since 2009 it has been offered in several countries around the world.
The yearlong immersion program’s three four-day intensives build on each other. With each gathering, we go deeper.
And between intensives, you’ll integrate all you are learning with structured, supported individual and group practice.
The intensives will be presented in English.
Intensive 1: You’ll develop the capacity to be present during conflict and practice applying NVC to mediating conflict – both internal and between others. Among the topics: self-connection; the three-chair model; the enemy image process; the nine skills of the mediator
Intensive 2: We’ll introduce new material while expanding on previous learning. You’ll begin to gain real confidence. Among the topics: the nine skills (continued); the enemy image process (continued); premediations, mediator self-care
Intensive 3: We go deeper still with mediating both group conflict and inner conflict. You’ll begin to embody the skills in your life. Among the topics: mediating with groups; internal mediation.
Daily: individual self-connection and skill-building practices
Weekly : telephone dyad and triad practice with fellow participants
Ongoing: support from assistant trainers
How we teach
Practice: We lay a foundation through instruction and demonstration, but the focus is on practicing and integrating NVC Mediation skills.
Role-play: Experiential learning via role-play is the best way we’ve found to rapidly acquire the skills and capacity to mediate conflict.
One step at a time: To make the skills easier and faster to learn and embody, we approach them through exercises that build one upon the other, in increasing levels of difficulty.
The Modules in Detail
Intensive 1: Basics of NVC-Based Mediation
- Introduction to mediation
- The dynamics of conflict
- Basic mediation tools
- Active listening
- What to do when clients do not listen to each other
- Requests to repeat what the client heard
- First contact with the client
- Individual meetings with clients
- Mediator's own preparation
- Feedback after mediation practise
- How to learn from your own mediation
- Summary, revision and Q&A-session
Intensive 2: The Mediation process and conflict dynamics
- Preparation for mediation
- How to deal with your difficulties with the client
- Professional development of the mediator
- Sometimes mediation is not the best solution
- When to refuse mediation
- Additional forms of mediator support
- What is the difference between mediation and couple therapy?
- Informal mediation
- Contexts of mediation
- Mediation of internal conflicts
Intensive 3: Mediator’s support and business development
- Group mediation
- Group decision-making process
- External mediator
- Internal mediator
- Conflict Coaching
- When the other party does not want mediation
- Exercise in mediation triads - self evaluation
- Cooperating with a supervisor
- Course summary